• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Round-up: From Gaza to Brooklyn
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “Who won in Gaza? Body language and the ceasefire“, Time: “It’s too early to tell whether the fine print in the cease-fire understanding will, in fact, come to anything. The text says only that issues like freedom of movement “shall be dealt with…”
2. The Missing Island, Guardian: “Where there was supposed to be a sandy outcrop complete with palm trees, a few coconuts and maybe a turtle there was merely blue undulating water.”
3. “The Hazards of Growing Up Painlessly“, New York Times: “At school, she was once asked if she was Superman. Could she feel a punch to the face? Could she walk across burning coals as if she were walking on grass? Would it hurt if she were stabbed in the arm? The answers are no, no, yes, no..”
4. “Bunch of Rankers“, LRB Blog: “What’s the point of academic journals?”
5. Larry David’s Thanksgiving, Huffington Post: An unusually animated Larry David on family Thanksgivings in Brooklyn.