• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Round up: the future of Classics and women at war
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “Do the Classics Have a Future?”, The New York Review of Books: Mary Beard considers.
2. ”Famous Studios”, Flavorwire: “A look at some of the most inspiring ateliers of some of the world‚Äôs most famous artists.”
3. “Drawing Surrealism”, The ¬†New York Times:¬†Morgan Library and Museum exhibition, on until April 21.
4. “William Dalrymple: a life in writing“, The Guardian: Review of ‘Return of a King’ on the first Anglo-Afghan war.
5. “Let Women Fight”, Economist:¬†Long overdue policy change: on Wednesday, the U.S. Department of Defense announced that it would lift the ban on women in combat, reversing the 1994 “direct ground combat rule”.
Special thanks to¬†https://twitter.com/jraimo