• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Round-Up: Roth retires, Darwin despairs
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “Nate Silver: It’s the numbers, stupid“, Observer: “The 34-year-old Silver is a pretty convincing Clark Kent pre the Superman makeover.”
2. A Bad Day for Darwin, Krulwich Wonders: “I am very stupid and hate everybody and everything.”
3. “Goodbye, Frustration: Pen Put Aside, Roth Talks“, New York Times: “…over the course of a three-hour interview—his last, he said—Mr. Roth seemed cheerful, relaxed and at peace with himself and his decision.”
4. “Calling Time on Club Nights that Sexualise Women“, New Statesman: “Club culture itself promotes the sexualisation of women to a degree where it is no longer about empowering women, but degrading them.”
5. “Dark Days“: Marc Singer’s noirish documentary about New York’s homeless.