• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Round-up: the Turner Prize, the drunk tank, and bad sex
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “UCL and ‘social cleansing’“, LRB blog: “UCL Stratford will see the demolition of the Carpenters council estate to make way for a new 23-acre campus costing ¬£1 billion.”
2. “Turner Prize 2012“, Tate Britain: An interview with Elizabeth Price who won with her video installation pieces, including¬†The Woolworths Choir of 1979.
3. “Fairytale of New York“, Guardian: The story behind the Pogues’ Christmas anthem, which has been re-released for its 25th anniversary.
4. “Is political satire common in China?”, Slate: Subversive jokes in the People’s Republic.
5. “Sexual failure in a literary form“,¬†Independent: Reflections on the Bad Sex Awards 2012.