• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Round-up: Weird Buildings and First Books
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “Prince Charles of Transylvania“, the Daily Telegraph: Tales from the Prince’s guesthouse in Dracula country.
2. “Alma, un enfant du violence“, Upian.com: Web documentary about a young woman who spent five years in Guatemala’s most brutal gang.
3. “Crisis on Bullshit Mountain“, New Statesman: Post-election, Jon Stewart sums up the night as it took Fox News.
4. First Book Award Shortlist, Guardian: Titles include Kevin Powers’s The Yellow Birds, about the Iraq War, and Chad Harding’s baseball novel The Art of Fielding.
5. “15 buildings that don’t look like buildings“, Time: An photographic tour of remarkable constructions from the Indira Gandhi Planetarium to the home office of Ohio’s Longaberger Basket Company.