• Visual Arts •
• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Roundup: Draw birds, put them in a plasma forest.
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “Postscript: Ed Koch“, The New Yorker: Former mayor of New York passes away with Faustian timing.
2. “How to draw birds“, The Guardian:¬†”Rubbish at robins? Lame at larks? Dismal at dodos?” ¬†Artist Luke Pearson gives a guiding hand, with very easy instructions.
3. “The subtle sexuality of Edouard Manet”, New Statesman:¬†”It would be impossible to paint ‚Äúmodern life‚Äù without touching on the touchy subject of sex.”
4. “Plasma Trees“, (Chrome only): Grow your own forest. To put the birds into.
5. “Groundhog Day, 20 years running”, The Guardian:¬†Bill Murray calls it¬†’probably the best work I’ve done’. Still.
Many thanks to David Cox and https://twitter.com/jraimo¬†for contributing to this week’s Roundup.
If you would like to suggest a link, please email judyta.frodyma[at]seh.ox.ac.uk