• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Roundup: Frida’s unibrow, blobfish, and Giorgio Morandi
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “John Milton, graphic novelist”, io9: “Yes, it’s a deep work of spiritual belief and should be given due consideration. And yet, for some reason, Paradise Lost stumbles over the same things that bad comic books do.”
2. ”Frida Kahlo’s unibrow”, Shameless (feminist magazine): An open letter to the Art Gallery of Ontario about a shameless publicity stunt concerning a famous bit of body hair.
3. “Married Profs”, The Atlantic: Apparently being married helps succeed in academia, but only if you’re male.
4. “WTF, Evolution?”, tumblr: Honoring natural selection’s most awkward creations.
5. “Games of Perception”, Economist: Giorgio Morandi’s still life etchings are at the centre of “Lines of Poetry”, an exhibition at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art in London.