• Weekly Round-up •
Weekly Roundup: Frida’s unibrow, blobfish, and Giorgio Morandi
The Oxonian Review presents the Weekly Round-up, featuring websites and articles the editorial staff have found interesting, illuminating, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. “John Milton, graphic novelist”,¬†io9: “Yes, it’s a deep work of spiritual belief and should be given due consideration. And yet, for some reason,¬†Paradise Lost¬†stumbles over the same things that bad comic books do.”
2. ”Frida Kahlo’s unibrow”,¬†Shameless¬†(feminist magazine):¬†An open letter to the Art Gallery of Ontario about a shameless publicity stunt concerning a famous bit of body hair.
3. “Married Profs”, The Atlantic:¬†Apparently being married helps succeed in academia, but only if you’re male.
4. “WTF, Evolution?”, tumblr: Honoring natural selection’s most awkward creations.
5. “Games of Perception”, Economist:¬†Giorgio Morandi’s still life¬†etchings are at the centre of ‚ÄúLines of Poetry‚Äù, an exhibition at the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art in London.